Surgeries at Animal Medical Corpus Christi are currently performed Monday through Friday. We ask that patients coming in for surgery have no food after Midnight and have the water removed in the morning. Patients may be dropped off from 7:30 AM until 8:30 AM for their surgery, all surgeries start promptly at 9 AM. Please note: We recommend a pre-anesthetic blood panel for all surgeries and require it for those over the age of 7 years.
We use a surgical laser for our procedures. Surgical lasers offer reduced pain, bleeding, and swelling. Patients have a faster recovery time and a reduced risk of infection when a surgical laser is used.
- Anesthesia/Surgical Consent form must be signed electronically
- Patients are required to be completely vaccinated for elective surgery
- Ovariohysterectomy/Spay and Castration/Neuter
- Growth Removals
- Cherry Eye Removal
- Entropion/Ectropion Correction
- Soft Palate Resection
- Stenotic Nares Correction
- Cystotomy and Bladder stone removal
- Gastrotomy and Enterotomy
Orthopedic Procedures offered:
- Femoral Head Ostectomy
- Medial Patellar Luxation
- Extracapsular Lateral Suture Stabilization
- Limb Amputation
- Fracture Repair with IM pin/bone plate
- Prophylaxis Cleaning
- Dental Radiographs
- Tooth Extractions
- Oral growth removal
Pain injection given during the procedure, Elizabethan collar offered to prevent licking or chewing at the incision area, nails trimmed during the procedure, and pain medication sent home post-surgery.
And more! Call us today at (361) 993-6752 to discuss with one of our staff to learn more.